Tashi Delek & Happy Almost Lunar New Year!
The Year of the Sheep will soon be upon us all, a year portended to be a time of great, creative manifestation!
In 2014, the NCF dharma boat set sail, fulfilling a prediction by Miao that NCF’s mission would expand, more people would gravitate to the teachings and the dharma would spread far and wide at an accelerated pace. The numerous high-potency events of 2014 and the increasing interest in the dharma, particularly in Asia, are proof positive that the Divine time has come for NCF to spread its wings!
In 2014, Miao and NCF were active on many fronts and shared teachings and practices with numerous, diverse communities. This year included:
In the U.S.:
- Miao appeared as a presenter on Himalayan Therapeutic Sonic Breathwork at USC’s “International Conference in Yoga, Meditation and Integrative Health” in September. The event was sponsored in part by the Institute of Integrative Health of the USC Keck School of Medicine.
- Dr. Aleks Smirnov, staff scientist of the NIH (National Institute of Health) joined Miao at USC’s Int’l Conference above, to validate and further expound upon the scientific/clinical benefits of Vajra wind breath practices and sound healing from Miao’s Dakini lineage.
- Miao held a month-long sacred art exhibition, The Art of Yantra: Divine Transmissions and a corresponding workshop, Shakti! The Art of Creation, at Loyola Marymount University, a private university renowned for offering higher education in Yoga in August-September.
- The book, Yoga of Joy, was published in Mainland China in March, and reprinted in May. It is the first book of Miao’s to be published in Mainland China.
- Miao conducted book-signings in four major cities in China: Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and Chengdu in April & May.
- Miao, together with five other sound healing experts and spiritual musicians from the U.S., held two mantric chanting healing concerts in Lang Fang, a suburb of Beijing, China in September.
- In Fall, Miao and the Phoenix Rising team, conducted six workshops in Beijing, Wuhan and Wutai Mountain in mainland China; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; Puli, Taiwan, and Bali, Indonesia.
- NCF conducted the inaugural Yoga of Joy Teacher’s training in China and Malaysia. 63 students were conferred the title of Yoga of Joy Teacher: 56 from China, 3 from Singapore and 4 from Malaysia.
Om mani padme hum as Miao says, is the source of all creative manifestation in form, whether it be Shakti art, concerts, retreats , workshops or trainings. All forms spring from “Om mani padme hum,” Guan Yin’s heart mantra.
Some highlights from 2014:
Retreat to Bali!
During this year’s retreat, Miao explained that there are 4 kinds of joy: 1) liking ourselves 2) loving the world, so we can contribute 3) liking our ancestors and sages in order to have Zen happiness 4) liking “ultimate wisdom.” In addition to this, there are four kings supporting our life: 1) principles/practices 2) wealth (material support) 3) companions 4) Earth/environment (home, country, etc.). All of the “problems” in our life arise from these 8 aspects, however if we stay in “silent, relaxed space”–if we can rest in stillness and connect with superconsciousness, we can understand and hear the answers to these problems. Ultimately, as Miao shared, “There is no past. It never happened. And the future happened already.” We must believe and understand this.
There are two obstacles to enlightenment: 1) distorted or imaginary thoughts 2) attachment, particularly attachment to the way we think. We have infinite power, but it is limited and inaccessible due to attachment. The biggest illusion is self-attachment.
Dakinis have no time- space limitations and practice the wisdom of Prajna-paramita (Ultimate Wisdom) and emptiness. They have no rituals, no forms, no rules and their actions are unlimited. Dakinis exist beyond karma and practice the Art of Life, which is to see Beauty all the time, in everything– all challenges, all beings, all situations. We must stop complaining and rejoice in, “That’s good!” instead of perceiving things as “bad.”
As this is the time of the Phoenix, we must each practice gratitude, allow ourselves to surrender to high energy and embrace trans-formation with an empty heart and simple mind. The foundation of all spiritual arts is relaxation, then silence, wisdom and lastly, action. If we remember this, we will not easily be overwhelmed by emotions, experience hurt or tiredness. We can play with life!
First Healing Sound Concert in Beijing!
In mid-September, amidst the beautiful grounds of the five-star Ovation Hotel Resort in Lang Fang, China, Miao and a team of musical artists and sound healers performed two powerful concerts for leaders of prestigious health care communities from different parts of the globe. This concert was the first of its kind to be shared in China. It was incredible to witness the traditions from the East and West as they were brought together through the magic of music in order to create a safe space for the audience to experience the transformative possibility of sound alchemy.
The team created a vibrant and unique canvas for Miao to share her heart with these audiences. In addition to collaborating with Miao, each team member was invited to bring their own original song offerings as well, which created a vibrant and perfectly harmonious tapestry of musical genres.
Inaugural Yoga of Joy Teacher Training in China!
Sixty-three official Yoga of Joy teachers now exist in China, Singapore and Malaysia! Headed by Liao Liao, and ultimately guided by Miao, the teacher trainings concluded with Miao’s final transmission and empowerment. Certificates were then granted to trainees, following completion of both their 5-day Level 1 training and passing the final “test” administered by Miao. Level 2 and Level 3 trainings will be offered in the future to help teachers deepen their wisdom and ability to transmit the teachings and practices from Miao’s Dakini lineage. Trainings were held in five cities: Xi’an, Fuzhou, Guangzhou, Beijing and Kuala Lumpur, Malayasia. The new Yoga of Joy teachers have already begun spreading Yoga of Joy through workshops, regular group practices, teaching at schools, etc. The Divine vibration in China is rising!
Until next we meet, romance yourselves and remember you are always held in the central channel of Guan Yin!
Ya la suo!